Post Quake support
A few things to remember:
- It’s ok to ask for help.
- Stay in the present
- Count the good stuff in your life.
- Acknowledge how you feel.
- Keep connected to family, friends and others in your community.
There are also some websites that may be helpful.
www.skylight.co.nz – this has family resources for children.
www.calm.com and www.headspace.com for mindfulness meditation.
Canterbury Earthquake support phone line 0800 777 846 is available 24/7 and have people skilled at supporting you.
- The Amuri Community Health Centre is 100% owned by the ‘Amuri Community Trust’ a not for profit organisation.
- Community ownership allows us to provide the best care in an ever changing environment and to attract the best health professionals.
- The charitable status of the Health Centre also allows us to seek funds which would not have been open to us under a traditional model.
Our building allows us to fit in with the Government's Primary Health Care Strategy of an integrated Health Centre, focusing on prevention rather than cure and keeping patients out of hospital.
Amuri Community Health Centre is a Cornerstone accredited practice having met the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners standard for GP services as defined in 'aiming for excellence'.